Request a Quote
Umbrella Insurance in Indiana
Umbrella insurance is additional coverage that is added on the top of your personal insurance (home, auto, motorcycle, watercraft) and pays for damages and injuries of other people as a result of your negligence. Umbrella insurance is not obligatory, but it is worth having it because it provides additional protection and security. Whether you are a resident of Brownsburg, IN or any other city or town in Indiana, Grove Insurance Agency has prepared the list of things you should know about umbrella insurance:
- Umbrella insurance applies to you and other family members living in your household, including children, a spouse, and others.
- Umbrella insurance provides coverage for those claims that are not included in other liability policies, such as libel, slander, liability coverage on a rental property you have, false arrest, and others.
- Generally, this type of insurance provides liability coverage for damages to property, certain lawsuits, liability situations, and injuries.
- Umbrella insurance does not cover liability you assume under a contract, damages to your personal property, an intentional and criminal activity that has caused damage to someone else.
- In order to get umbrella insurance, you need to have a standard car or home insurance policy meeting a certain minimum amount of liability coverage. Therefore, you may have to increase the current liability limits in order to be eligible for umbrella insurance.
- Compared to many other types of insurance, umbrella insurance is among the most affordable. Its specific cost is determined by the amount of coverage you are getting, your insurance agency's provisions, and your driving records and risk profile.
Umbrella insurance is not a necessity, but it is an additional protection of you and your financial security that gives you peace of mind. If you are from Brownsburg, IN or any other surrounding area in Indiana, Grove Insurance Agency is ready to assist you in finding a perfect umbrella insurance plan. Do not hesitate to give us a call or visit our website for more information.